GulfStars  

Go Back   GulfStars > Announcements and Events

Old 03-15-2007, 09:18 PM

Default April 2007 Cheapeake Bay Rendevous

So far 3 boats have expressed interest in a cruise up the Wye River late in April. If you are interested, please let us know and post a reply.
I have suggested the weekend of April 21st and 22nd or the following weekend, the 28th and 29th.
Kinne and Piper Sutton
"Diosa" GS 41 Aux Sloop
Old 03-20-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Spring Cruise

The 22nd is out for us. My wife has informed me that she has a function to attend that weekend, so we can only make it for the 28th, 29th.
Anchorage on the Wye is located at:
038.55.858 N
076.09.725 W
The water is 9 to 10 feet deep and if you bring a pet, across from the anchorage is Bryantown Landing, where you can dinky over and walk your pet.
When coming out of Eastern Bay into Prospect Bay, I would suggest honoring the R # 4 buoy and then the R # 6 buoy, from there it is a straight shot towards the R # 2 and G # 3 at the entrance of the Wye River. At G # 3 make your turn up the river and stay in the middle of the channel where the depth is between 40 to 50' deep, then follow the G # 1 to your left, then the G # 3 to your left. stay in the middle of the channel, at Drum point follow the river curve to the right and then turn to the left. There is a 5' depth area at 083.53.356 N, 076.10.649 W and another at Bigwood Cove at, 038.53.555 N, 076.10.256 W, stay to the left of the channel as you pass Bigwood Cove. From there stay in the middle of the channel and honor the markers, pass Quarter Creek and it is a straight shot up to the next bend to the right and pass the bend is the anchorage. If anyone have never been up the Wye and would like to follow me, I can be reached at: 240-675-0038
Kinne
Old 03-26-2007, 02:14 PM

Hello All,
April 28 and 29 is fine for us. Than gives me more time to get my stick back in and tuned. Wine? yup that's a plan!
Having a land spot for the dog is good for us as Lucy likes to get on land once in a while.

Will & Muffin Heyer
443-994-3265
Old 03-26-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Spring Cruse

Will;
I talked with George Woods, owner of "Indecision" A GS 42 cutter Sloop. He will be attending a wedding during that weekend. It is my wife's job to talk with the owners of "Slip Away" A GS 50 Aux Sloop and hopefully they can meet us on the Wye. There is another GS 50 Sloop at my marina and I wanted to put a message on their boat and let them know of the meet up on the Wye. I was suppose to do that this last weekend, but was too busy trying to get the boat ready for this sailing season, that I forgot to drop them a notice, I will make sure that I leave some information this next weekend at their boat.
I have not heard from any other GS owners, so we may be the only ones attending.
The couple that bought my last boat, an O'Day 30, and very good friends of Piper and I, may join us with their boat.
If you can not get the stick in and your boat is not ready, let me know either here or my email:
ageis@cox.net
We sail every weekend and can always arrange to meet up with you.
We also enjoy a good wine. The St. Michaels wine and food feast is over that weekend and is a fun time. The 29th is Piper's birthday, do not tell her that I mentioned it here.
We will enjoy meeting you and seeing your boat.
Kinne
Old 03-29-2007, 07:07 PM

Darn! We'd love to attend (4/28)but have a prior committment with our cruising club, Back Creek Yacht Club. Check us out at
www.gobcyc.com!

'75 36Twlr MkII
SUNDOWNER
Annapolis